I'm back from Germany!
For a little summer fun, I went to visit my friend in the Ruhr area. I had such a great time; the sights, the company, and the food were amazing. So, I thought it would be fun to compose a list of my favorite German foods.
1) The bread . . . any bread. It was so fresh! I think I consumed more bread in a week there than I had in two months here.
2) Milka Chocolate, Kinder Chocolate, Merci Chocolate . . . absolutely delicious. All chocolate, really. Seriously, you'll never be able to eat Hershey's again. (I happened to find Milka and Kinder in the European section at Wegmans a few days ago. Sweet.)
3) We had a traditional German meal of rinderrouladen meat and red cabbage for my first European lunch ever. Yum!
4) Belgium waffles with confectionary sugar from the train station. Sixty cents, perfection.
5) Currywurst. I know, I know -- I had my doubts, too. Give it a try! And remember to pronounce the "w" as a "v."
6) And finally, the goodness that is Yogurette. Strawberry flavored yogurt surrounded by milk chocolate. I had at least one every day (and I couldn't stop myself from bringing a box home).
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!